In Phoenix, Driving Under the Influence (DUI) of drugs or alcohol is against the law. Since operating a motor vehicle is considered a privilege and not a right, Phoenix has some of the strictest laws in the nation when it comes to being arrested for DUI crimes. Phoenix’s implied consent law states that:
- If you apply for, and accept the privilege of, driving in Phoenix, you automatically give your consent to be tested for blood alcohol concentration (BAC) or drug content, if you are arrested for driving under the influence of liquor or intoxicating drugs
Driving under the influence is an extremely serious offense, and one that can damage your personal and professional lives in many ways, not to mention the lives of everyone else you might endanger. There are many factors that can contribute to receiving a DUI in Phoenix, including:
- Body Weight.
- Metabolic Functioning.
- Mental or Emotional State.
- Medical Conditions.
If you find yourself facing DUI charges of any type or severity, it is very important to consult an experienced, reputable defense attorney who understands the DUI laws in Phoenix. It is also essential to retain an attorney who will aggressively fight to make sure your rights are being upheld throughout the entire DUI process .
What Types of DUI Crimes Does Phoenix Recognize?
Phoenix Revised Statutes A.R.S. 28-1381, A.R.S. 28-1382, and A.R.S. 28-1383 define and categorize DUI crimes in Phoenix. These crimes include:
- 1st Offense for Driving Under the Influence.
- 2nd Offense for Driving Under the Influence.
- 1st Offense Extreme DUI.
- 2nd Offense Extreme DUI.
- 1st Offense Super DUI.
- 2nd Offense Super DUI.
- Underage Driving Under the Influence.
- Aggravated DUI Crimes.
It is tremendously important to understand that each of these crimes can result in very serious repercussions, including misdemeanor and felony charges that carry penalties including:
- Loss of your driver’s license.
- Mandatory jail or prison time even for first-time offenders.
- Stiff financial penalties.
- Mandatory counseling and treatment programs.
- Interlock monitoring devices placed in your vehicle.
- Other possible civil liabilities and judgments.
Furthermore, if you unintentionally cause an accident while you are intoxicated that results in the death of another person; you can face charges up to, and including, vehicular manslaughter.
Trust Phoenix DUI Attorney with your DUI Crimes Defense in Phoenix
We cannot stress enough that the best way to avoid ever receiving a DUI charge, as well as the potential destruction to your life, and the lives of others, is to refrain from turning they key even if you only have one sip of an alcoholic beverage. However, if you find yourself charged with a DUI crime in Phoenix, Phoenix DUI Attorney can help by providing you with focused, aggressive legal assistance for DUI crimes of all types and severities.
We can help defend you against DUI charges by making sure your constitutional rights are being protected. We will not stop fighting for your rights, by making sure that every possible legal option and defense strategy is available to you. If you are charged with any type of DUI crime in Phoenix, contact us today for a private, no obligation consultation at 480-900-5177.